Do you LOVE Houston arts? Snap a photo of The Blue Trees in Houston and you could win $2,500 towards your favorite arts organization! We're looking for originality, creativity and a look at how HOUSTON is experiencing this temporary art project!
HOW TO ENTER:
- Use Instagram or Twitter to share a photo featuring The Blue Trees in Houston—either stand of crepe myrtle trees on Waugh Drive, north or south of Memorial Drive.
- Tag your post with the contest hashtag (#BlueTreesHOU).
- Follow Houston Arts Alliance on Instagram (@houstonartsalliance) or Twitter (@haatx).
- Encourage your followers to favorite or like your photo. Each week the five entries with the highest number of favorites or likes will become eligible for judging.
This contest begins 9 a.m. CST on Wednesday, July 3 and ends Wednesday, August 14 at 5 p.m. CST. One winner and two runners-up will be selected before August 28. For complete contest rules, please see Terms and Conditions.
Winning Prize: The Chairman’s Award, a $2,500 donation to be made to an arts organization of the winner's choice. Runners-up will have their photos recognized on www.bluetreestexas.org.
THE BLUE TREES IN BLOOM PHOTO CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering The Blue Trees In Bloom Photo Contest (“Contest”), participants agree to the Terms and Conditions listed below.
- The Contest is open to any individual 13 years of age or older at the time of entry (“Contestants”).
- Organizations, businesses and agencies may not participate in the Contest.
- Employees of Houston Arts Alliance (HAA) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are ineligible.
- The Contest begins 9 a.m. CST on Wednesday, July 3 and ends Wednesday, August 14 at 5 p.m. CST. Entries posted before or after this period will be disregarded.
- Contestants may submit any number of photos so long as each is different in nature and of their own composition.
- Photos shared prior to Wednesday, July 3 may not be repurposed or reposted. Only photos taken during the Contest period will be accepted.
- Entries must be viewable by the public and tagged with the Contest hashtag (#BlueTreesHOU).
- Contestants must be Houston Arts Alliance Instagram (@houstonartsalliance) or Twitter (@haatx) followers.
- Each week of the Contest HAA will confirm the top five submissions (per number of public favorites or likes on Instagram or Twitter). Only these entries will be judged upon the end of the Contest period and by a panel of HAA’s choosing.
- A week is defined as the time period between Wednesdays at 9 a.m. through 8:59 a.m. of the following Wednesday.
- A panel will select one winner and two runners-up no later than Wednesday, August 28.
- Winners will be contacted via the platform of entry submission.
- The Contest winner will receive The Chairman’s Award (Award), a $2,500 donation to be made to an arts organization of his/her choice. Runners-up will have their winning photos recognized on www.bluetreestexas.org.
- If the winner cannot be reached within three days of selection, the first runner-up will be presented with the Award.
- The beneficiary of the Award must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit arts organization, in existence for at least one year, within the 12-county Greater Houston area (including Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Matagorda, Montgomery, Liberty, San Jacinto, Walker and Waller counties).
- The Award is non-transferable from the winner to any another individual.
- Winners agree to have his/her entry featured on www.bluetreestexas.org and used for either educational or promotional purposes.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.